Our values of Excellence, Obedience, God Fearing, Love and Care, Discipline, Honesty and Hardwork act as a compass. They help us navigate the big decisions and guide our everyday actions – throughout the good and the tough times. They are an integral part of our DNA and help all those connected to the school know what is expected of them and what they can expect of us.
- Children that are happy, confident and have a sense of where they are going in life and how they will get there.
- Staff that feel valued, happy and inspired to work as part of a team with the kudos and rewards that it brings to their work and home life. They feel a strong sense of wellbeing – both towards themselves and their colleagues.
- A ‘community of practice’ – pooling resources, knowledge and experience to ensure parents and our local community thrive.
- We provide an environment that is stimulating, challenging and a place where children feel it is safe to learn from their mistakes.
- Our approach to learning is child-centred, inclusive and is focused on the development of the whole child, both socially and academically. It is incredibly important to offer an enriching learning experience for the children through a broad and balanced curriculum. Our learning culture is one of pride, self-motivation and resilience. From their start in Reception, we encourage the children to develop enquiring minds with the independence and determination to succeed at all they set their minds to.
- We want our children to be happy in their learning and to take pride in their achievements. We expect our children to make a positive contribution to our school community by being responsible, polite, compassionate and respectful.
We believe in a creative curriculum that develops the whole child, as independent, confident learners that are resilient, cope with failure and are not afraid of making mistakes but understand and embrace the value of learning through mistakes. The children are at the centre of our decision making.